January 29, 2009

Good News and Bad News

Bad News
Wow, so let's get it over with. The bad news is I wrecked my father-in-laws Chevy Avalanche... yeah that was one of those champion moments in my life. The ironic thing was I was borrowing it because my car was in the shop. Hopefully the bumper won't need replacing. Luckily I have the worlds best in-laws and they agreed not to destroy my green card.

Good News
Monday my knees felt like they should have belonged to a 90 year old, my friend told me to take a nice hot bath. So I put Emily down for a nap and ran my bath. Well one thing lead to another and I found myself making it a bubble bath. Them I thought I should have some sort of snack while I soak, so I whipped myself up an ice cream Sunday! And I tell ya, life doesn't get any better then that. I was lying there chowing down and reading my book (for an HOUR) and I promised myself that this needs to happen every Monday. Well what with wrecking the Avalanche yesterday I thought I'd just slip another one in today. I'm starting to think this needs to be a daily occurrence. What do you think? And those who have never partaken in this delightful ritual, it is time to start!!!!

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow that little bath ritual sounds like absolute bliss...I think I might have to try that out this weekend. Thanks for tip! :)

The Nelsons said...

ooo, sounds nice. i'm lucky to get a shower w/o greta tagging along. :) did the clip art not work?

Cormorant said...

Baths are pretty much the best things ever! Ooh, and try one with some floating tea-lights (or if that's too hard, just light a couple candles and turn out the lights).

The only thing that sucks is when you have a mini-bath, like we have in our house right now. I swear if you're over 5' tall you can't sit down in it!

Angie said...

Sounds like I have been missing out! I think I am going to go jump in the tub right now, but I don't have any ice-cream. That does sound amazing! Every time I eat ice-cream I get too cold and every time I take a bath I get too hot, so if I put the two together, I could only imagine.

Melissa O said...

Sorry about the car wreck. Ugh That stinks, but you do have awesome inlaws, so that is a plus.

Bubble bath, I am all about it. I have never tried the ice cream sundae experience, but I am all about new experiences.

Mindy said...

I think its important to take time to enjoy something relaxing. Im sorry to hear about the wreck though. Im glad you are alright!

Karisty said...

I'm glad you're o.k.and it only hurt the car! You deserve to pamper and treat yourself! Way to go for indulging.

Aly said...

I'm a huge fan of bubble baths, but I've never tried eating at the same time. It sounds like an excellent way to hide a snack from the kiddies though...

p.s. my email again, just in case: alyowil at gmail dot com